Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few past posting about sqealing Vee-belts, but am wondering what brand of belts y'all are using that work well.

I picked up a set of replacement belts from Schuck's a while back and the alt belt keeps stretching out and squealing. I've adjusted it out for the 3rd time and this is it! Gonna get something better if it stretches again.

Been searching online and NAPA has some cogged belts that are claimed to work better, anybody used those?

I don't think it has anything to do with the elect system dragging the alt down, either; battery is almost new and "hot", she starts up great and the headlites are bright. Just seems to be a Cr*ppy belt!

Thanks............ed

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've seen a few past posting about sqealing Vee-belts, but am wondering what brand of belts y'all are using that work well.

I picked up a set of replacement belts from Schuck's a while back and the alt belt keeps stretching out and squealing. I've adjusted it out for the 3rd time and this is it! Gonna get something better if it stretches again.

Been searching online and NAPA has some cogged belts that are claimed to work better, anybody used those?

I don't think it has anything to do with the elect system dragging the alt down, either; battery is almost new and "hot", she starts up great and the headlites are bright. Just seems to be a Cr*ppy belt!

Thanks............ed
Don't buy the house brand belts.They're soft and continually stretch. Buy brand name like NAPA or Gates, etc... They all have different grades. Pay the money and get the top of the line. Your squealing problem will be gone, plus the belts will last much longer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recommendations. I don't have a Carquest near me but there are plenty of local auto parts stores carrying Gates so that's what it'll be! A Pax on Shuck's cheap Junk!

Cheers...........ed

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations. I don't have a Carquest near me but there are plenty of local auto parts stores carrying Gates so that's what it'll be! A Pax on Shuck's cheap Junk!

Cheers...........ed
Good for you. Dayco is another good brand that I forgot to mention. Lotsa luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts