Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the LED light on my rear fog light have blown, it hasnt worked for the past few month. The defog switch works, but just not the LED. So I have no idea when its ON or OFF. Can anyone tell me whats the cheapest way to repair to broken LED defog light switch? I took it apart and it doesnt look like I can solder a new LED. Does anyone know where I can buy a used rear fog switch?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
781 Posts
fondoo said:
It looks like the LED light on my rear fog light have blown, it hasnt worked for the past few month. The defog switch works, but just not the LED. So I have no idea when its ON or OFF. Can anyone tell me whats the cheapest way to repair to broken LED defog light switch? I took it apart and it doesnt look like I can solder a new LED. Does anyone know where I can buy a used rear fog switch?? Thanks in advance.

]

Might have a better chance @ a junk yard finding a used one.... or the stealership. g/l

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree. Just get one from the junk yard. Cheapest way around here is to just go to the Pick a Part yard and grab it. If you can't, I can. PM me if needed.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
does it relaly matter weather its on or off? or also you can try this...its kind of ghetto but hey it worked on a honder... take the lights out or just leave them in its really up to you and go buy an led kit made buy piolt form autozone then take the red wire fromthe led and wrap it around the power wire to the old led or jsut hook it to the switch and then tape it sodder it what ever then wrap the black wire around the radio ground area on the top left screw that holds it in and presto.....new ghetto defroft light

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want to thanks scooterbob for helping me out. people like him that makes this forum great!

·
a constipated monkey
143 Posts
i just replaced both of mine so here goes. It really alot easier than it looks. The first thing you need to do is unwrap the wiring that holds the bulb into the grey rubber mount that its in. Take the bulb out and head down to radio shack. The replacement bulbs your looking for will have wires that will be considerably longer than the one you just took out of the switch. While you will eventually be trimming the wires down when you finish the install, having longer wires will actually make your job a lot easier. You will be threading the wires into the rubber housing, so the longer the wires are the easier it will be to thread throught the holes in the rubber and pull through. Once youv threaded the wires into the rubber and set the bulb in firmly you just trim the excess wire thats left over......pm me if you need any more help

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
my defoger switch dont work either :(
Im too lazy to fix it lol
The only reason when i know tha tits working..taht when i hit the button the RPMs jump up ..that means it turned on lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts