Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 1998 nissan 200sx se and I got the el glo gauges and my 1st time outtin them in, when I did for some reason I though i'd go ahead and try pulling the needles off put the cover on then place the needle back, well as I did that my tach id off by about 800rpms and my temp is at half way when im on a cold motor and is "overheating" by the time its warmed up. My question is would I be able to goto the junkyard and get the same model cluster and swap them out? will it still work the same. Cause I wasnt sure if it would adjust with fuel level and such. let me know thanks

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
yes you can swap cluster but your odo will be wrong.
this flags the mileage as being incorrect / altered with the Carfax reports and state ( if the mileage is less.) plus you have to declare unknown mileage when you sell.
Options.
1) go to the Nissan service dept near you with both cluster and get a mileage correction sticker added to the door jamb
2) search car-parts.com for a cluster with the correct mileage or a little over yours.
3) do nothing and declare unknown mileage

Make sure you get a co-responding cluster type, Manual or Auto, with security, with or without tach and GA16 or SR20

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. yea like I kno what cluster I have to get as far as wiht security light which I dont have a stock system only aftermarket. but My main problem was if it would automatically adjust to my fuel levels and all that

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
Fuel gauge will be fine.
Temp gauge as well.
what else were you concerned about ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried that but my tach is still off by 800 rpms. I think im just gonna goto the junkyard and replace it. im planning on selling it this summer anyways

·
Registered
215 Posts
start your car and put the needle where it should be. i did the same thing you did on my eclipse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts