Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! 98 200sx wont start anyone know?

Ya i got a 98 200sx base model. Bad thing is it wont start any one know why? evreything lights up i hear fuel pump kick on, but theres alot of oil under the hood. i could really use help thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i got a 98 200sx base model with 209,000 mil on it. guy said it got a tune up. its got power and i heard fuel pump go on. but i checked the plugs i did see some oil on them. and there was alot of oil under the hood does anyone know whats wrong?

·
Registered
612 Posts
If there's a lot of oil under the hood there's a pretty good chance the engine is blown. He probably did the tune-up, then realized the problem was more serious and dumped the car. Oil on the plugs usually means bad valve seals, or worse, bad piston rings. Rings would explain no start. When you spin the engine over, does it seem normal or does it seem to spin freely (can't hear each compression stroke)?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oil on plugs?

This not good. Something is leaking oil into the combustion chamber!
Could be rings, could be blown. Probabally needs a re-build. Hope she was cheap with that many miles. Good time to pull the engine and drop in something big and new. (don't forget the tranny swap to match)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts