Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Searched, but didn't really find what I wanted.

Well when I bought my car it didn't have a key fab... last guy lost it. So I had my buddy get one put in... works for a dealer ring and nissan was one of them, anyways. They got a new one, re-programed it, etc. Worked for a bit then quit. They did it 2 more times, and it quit. They didn't know what the prob was, and said I need to take it in for a diagnostic check..... 90 bucks :thumbdwn: . I realized that my door chime works sometimes when I leave the headlights and open the door car turned off.

Also if the car is running and open the door, and try to lock it, it unlocks... only sometimes. I don't have any problem with my dome light, and from my knowlege, there is only one door pin switch. The only thing i can think of is that the door pin houses more than one circuit.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Door chime and locks unrelated to original problem with fob. If you leave the headlights on and cut off the engine, you'll get a warning chime (like the old idiot buzzers in older cars). If the keys are in the ignition and the driver's door is open, the doors will not lock. This is to keep you from locking your keys in a running car.

As for the fob not working it sounds like the receiver module is bad, and it's losing its memory. Might check with a few alarm installers around town and ask if they can help before paying a dealership (although they'll probably find the cause much quicker.) Good luck.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the Welcome, and help, but I had done like in the origional post, the Dealers got a new one programed, and it worked for a while, then quiet so they reprogramed a new Frequency (<<???) in and it worked then, but again quite. So they said there was a weird prob that needed to be looked at, a diagnostic check.... ich. So after that I noticed that only sometimes does my warning chime work when the car is off and headlights are on, and the "safety door lock" system works.

SOOOO I was only thinking that these are all related to each other, some weird ground loose or something. So I'm not too worried about the keyfob, but I would like to know if there is a module or something that i can look at, or if anyone has access to some schematic diagrams, the parts stores around here NEVER have my darn car in stock.

Thanks again!

EDIT!! found the service manual.... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts