Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just bought my first nissan, a 1998 200sx se-r and was wondering what mods i should do to it. Staying N/A so mainly bolt-ons and will stay my DD. If possible a list of things, brand name and where i can get them. I owned 2 camaro z28's and always did all the work myself but picked this up and have no idea where to start..want to do things such as exhaust, intake, cam, etc..thanx

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
Simple things for more power included-

-91 intake cam go for around 50 shipped. Or just Get JWT or Brian crower cams.

-pop charger JWT or Stillen/ebay intake/ cold air intake etc.

-SSAC header or a used hotshot. SSAC is the best bang for the buck. Under 150shipped

-Exhaust from VRS or get a Greddy SP (great exhaust i had one)

-UR pulleys crank and water pump 2piece set.

When i was n/a i had injen cai, JWT S4 cams, Greddy SP, G20 ecu, and ssac header. It was noticeable difference from stock.

Start here-

http://www.sr20forum.com/forum-index.php

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it...have any idea # wise, what the difference was with the stuff you mentioned on the n/a? but im def excited to do a lil work to this car, love new projects
Id say your about 115-120whp now, with the mods i had you'd be shooting something around 150-160whp.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
id def be happy with those gains..by the way, i think im gonna get the jwt s4 cam, where did u get it from and do you happen to kno of a write-up on it so i could install it? thanx again

Oh...also should i get the g20 ecu? what was the purpose of switching to that over stock?

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
id def be happy with those gains..by the way, i think im gonna get the jwt s4 cam, where did u get it from and do you happen to kno of a write-up on it so i could install it? thanx again

Oh...also should i get the g20 ecu? what was the purpose of switching to that over stock?
Yes you can run a G20 ecu, make sure its OBD2- but you have to mod some wires cause you have a 98 link here

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/WIRING98SENTRASR20TO95-97ECUWIREMOD.PDF

I got my JWT S4 cams from JIM WOLF TECHNOLOGY, INC. / NISSAN PERFORMANCE / NISSAN RACING /INFINITI PERFORMANCE

S3 cams have better all around power, but S4 cams make more power over 5500 rpm but a less low end power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.