Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to posting to this forum and was wondering if all you experts could possibly point me in the right direction.

I have a 98 200SX SE-R 150K miles that I have had new and have fortuneatly had no major issues with. Today the clutch dropped to the floor. It will lift up with no resistance with my hand. Is possibly the cable broke ? Or is the clutch totally gone ? I was at a light and noticed the clutch feeling "funny" I depressed it a few times and then it dropped to the floor !! Any help would greatly be appreciated. I usually do my own repair work but was not prepared for a clutch job. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought a cable and when I went to take a look the clutch lever on the tranny is actually cracked....not much play. Clutch is no doubt toast and at least need a clutch kit plus that part. Anybody have an idea how much work it is ? Done clutches before but never on FWD cars (jeeps and older trucks). Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrong subforum

I think I may have posted this in the wrong subforum ?

anyway, anybody know how many hours clutch R&R calls for ?

Getting estimates and they are all over the place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm seeing approx 600-700 (some little lower some higher depending) including clutch kit, resurfacing flywheel, labor and additional part (withdrawal lever). Labor is running anywhere from 300-500

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
I'm seeing approx 600-700 (some little lower some higher depending) including clutch kit, resurfacing flywheel, labor and additional part (withdrawal lever). Labor is running anywhere from 300-500
Thats not a bad deal man. Thats about the going rate.

My ACT clutch kit alone was over $500, but i did the labor myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts