Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone manufactor a 2.25" catback that simply bolts on to the factory cat for a 98 200sx se-r? Doesn't appear the Greddy, Stromung, or Pacesetter have this application. They all fit 97 and older.
If not, recommendations for a decent exhaust shop in San Diego or Orange County that can build one for me at reasonable cost.

·
Registered
638 Posts
GReddy makes a cat-back for the 98 200sx SE-R. Part # 10121551 SP series, 60mm pipe dia. 100x110 tip. List price $650, shop around you can find it for a least $550 or less. Go to GReddy.com for more info.:)

S

·
0 Posts
check this out

Go to SR20Development, talk to Chris and ask him to build you a custom N1 catback exhaust, 2.25", and it should only run you about $525. He also works out of Irvine, CA, so you might not have to have it shipped. $525 straight up. If you do, tell him that Ben sent you.

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
The Exhaust note is kinda loud compared to an HKS exhaust on a classic.
I have a new 95-96 Greddy exhaust in the box, sitting in my daughters room, she uses it as a table for her toys.

Tevs

·
Registered
249 Posts
GREDDY

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Or you could go with the courtsey nissan (tx) b-pipe take it to a shop and have them shorten it and attach it to your a muffler you pick out. decide how much you want to pay for a ss muffler and get the $180 b-pipe (2.5 in) and there you have it.

O

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Get a GReddy & don't look back. I've seen 'em as cheap as $250 on the internet used, so check around 1st.

K

·
0 Posts
greddy exhaust

I am fairly new to the 200sx scene, but i have a couple question about the exhaust system. If i go ahead and have this installed, will this help the performance of my car any? What all is installed when having this installed?

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
The Greddy consists of the mid-pipe that comes off your cat and the stainless steel muffler section w/tip. Easy install, just unbolt old exhaust (get PB blaster or some WD40 & soak all bolts) and bolt on the new one. Even uses OEM rubber exhaust hangers. Adds about 6-10 hp. Can't go wrong.

J

·
0 Posts
STROMUNG!!!

I rec'd the very first b14 sr20 cat-back from them on Monday & installed it that night. I LOVE IT!!! It has a nice deep growl. Also, being that I already have the JWT pop charger, JWT S3 cams, and HS header, I really feel a increase in power, especially in the higher rpm's.

Yes, Greddy is good too. I have a couple of friends with a Greddy and they say the same about their system. However, there are 2 very good reasons to choose the Stromung: 1) it is full stainless steel, none of that aluminized crap 2) price; if you go through the group deal going on at www.b15sentra.net you can get it for $441 + shipping (it's an additional $45 for a resonator, but I don't have one and the sound is just fine). The decision was simple for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts