Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '97 Sentra and the other day the driver's side windshield wiper just stopped working. The other one works fine. This happened while it was snowing. I was cleaning off the windshield but I don't recall even touching the wipers. When I turned the wipers on it worked a couple times and then the drivers side one just stopped working. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tknight101 said:
I have a '97 Sentra and the other day the driver's side windshield wiper just stopped working. The other one works fine. This happened while it was snowing. I was cleaning off the windshield but I don't recall even touching the wipers. When I turned the wipers on it worked a couple times and then the drivers side one just stopped working. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Believe it or not I just got off the phone with Nissan because of a problem I've been having with my ACC/IACV valve. I have a 1998 Sentra and the operator asked me about my windshield wipers which struck me as odd since my problem has nothing to do with my windshield wipers. Well apparantly there is a recall on Nissan windshield wipers for 97' and later models. He told me all you need to do if you are experiencing problems with your wipers is go to your dealer and they will replace them since they are aware of the problems. You might want to do a google search to obtain more information. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The recall you're referring to is on wiper transmissions and on some of the weatherstrip that goes around the cowl area, it only is applicable to a particular VIN range and then that gets broken down to other ranges for which ones get just new foam weatherstrip for the cowl area and which get new wiper transmissions, your car may not be affected at all by the recall, you can have a dealer run the VIN and they can tell you weather or not.

We do a lot of wiper rod and pivot replacements where I work, especially in the snow, they're just designed to come apart to try to save the motor in case of any resistance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Creason said:
The recall you're referring to is on wiper transmissions and on some of the weatherstrip that goes around the cowl area, it only is applicable to a particular VIN range and then that gets broken down to other ranges for which ones get just new foam weatherstrip for the cowl area and which get new wiper transmissions, your car may not be affected at all by the recall, you can have a dealer run the VIN and they can tell you weather or not.

We do a lot of wiper rod and pivot replacements where I work, especially in the snow, they're just designed to come apart to try to save the motor in case of any resistance

Oh, thanks for the info. Of course when I spoke to the dealership yesterday they were making it sound like it was a lot more involved than that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wipers

tknight101 said:
The solution is to buy another make of car. I had a '95 & now a '98 Sentra and I've white-knuckled blind through snowstorms and rainstorms 6 times. The dealer's solution fixes it till the next big storm. I keep emergency flashers, and a cell phone, avoid heavy rain & snow if I know they're coming. My kids think it only happens when the wipers are on high, so I avoid that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts