Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about parts that were custom or interchangeable from newer models for my 97 pathfinder. I found how some of these are possible but just checking on several. I like it the way it is, butthey can always look better. Like new headlights, but i've never found em. anyways here the parts i was wonderin about:

(either want new or if newer ones will fit)

grill (custom or 99-04)
headlights (99-04 black headlights)
roof rack (99-04)
front/rear bumpers (99-04)
fender flares (99-04)
aluminum interior kits (found it once)

also would the hitch still fit if a new bumper was on it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The rear hitch from a 99-04 might have a small gap between the bumper since my 2001 with a 97 hitch is being pushed into the bumper slightly...headlights and grill are not directly interchangeable, you would need to swap the entire front clip...interiors are different so the kit would not work...roof rack would work, just make sure you have all of the hardware from the newer model...rear taillights are directly interchangeable...fender flares probably are but would not look right without the newer bumpers since they are styled into the bumpers...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow 1 and a half years lol. This thread got busy. Thanks I had honestly forgot about this and found most of it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would be almost impossible. Since your brain cannot control gravity (virtually no human can without machines). It could also be 2% possible if you can use yor entire brain and an ability that would make more sence would be Mind-Reading. This is my best hypothesis.
Herrry....Hopefully your senseless banter makes you feel better about your dementia.

I will speak for the group and say no one else knows why you just threw useless crap into this thread, Maybe next time you can try using the working part of your brain.... if you have any ! :newbie:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow 1 and a half years lol. This thread got busy. Thanks I had honestly forgot about this and found most of it.
yea I wanted to res-erect it to see what you have figured out works or doesn't since your original post. Personally I think some of those updates sound interesting and wondering how it turned out.... Some pics would be cool !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about any of those upgrades.

Anyone know if the aluminum step rails from 96-99 Pathfinders will bolt onto a 2000 Pathfinder? My rails are rusted out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not sure about any of those upgrades.

Anyone know if the aluminum step rails from 96-99 Pathfinders will bolt onto a 2000 Pathfinder? My rails are rusted out.
Can't answer your fitment question but.... I suspect other than those in SoCal...the steprails on most 96-99s are all rusted out and gone too. The ones on my 97 rusted out real bad..took em off last spring...left it that way and prefer the look without.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I live above the 49th and all 4 fenders are getting rust holes.

I would like to grind these out and add flares to cover up the fact i am not a pro bodyman.

Should I go for same model years (96.5) when looking for flares or are there others that will fit without the above mentioned bumper swaps ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts