Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a '97 from my in-laws that has been sitting for almost 6 years and has some electrical issues (you can read my post below if interested).

Their key fob is non-functional as well. I've searched online, but can't find the correct number for the battery (or batteries) that operate the key fob. I'd like to bring a fresh battery (or batteries) with me when I go to pick up the truck next week.

Can anyone give the correct number for the battery (or batteries) in the factory key fob for a '97 Pathfinder?

SteveM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part Number

I'm sure that I'll be able to find a replacement battery once I have the fob in my posession, but I don't have it yet.

I'm just trying to get the correct battery # so that I can bring a fresh set when I pick up the truck. (i.e. the key fob for my dodge ram uses a # 2016 battery). I haven't been able to do a search and find the correct # for the Pathy battery.

SteveM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its your in-laws, have them open up the fob and tell you the #
These are not the kind of folks who should be popping open key fobs. Some people "have it" and some don't. These people don't.

I'm just looking for the part number for the battery. No offense dvdswanson, but I don't need any other personal suggestions, just the part number.

Thanks.

SteveM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just opened up my key fob... just bought my '97 in August and haven't needed to replace the batteries yet.

It is a CR2016 Battery. You will need two of them.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts