Nissan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,222 Posts
So I performed the fuel pressure test. With engine idling it was around 34 PSI. When engine off it was around 42 PSI. After turning key to off position it dropped to 39 PSI.
After 10 minutes the pressure dropped to 36 PSI. After 15 minutes 33 PSI. After 20 minutes it was around 30 PSI.
The fuel tube seems to be holding the pressure which indicates no major injector leaks. If you had leaking injectors, the pressure would have dropped rapidly in a very short time.

·
7,222 Posts
After you've gone through your other exhaustive tests, you can now deal with the injectors. There are several options here:
1 - Run some good injection cleaner, like BG products 44K, through the system; give the cleaner about a week or two to do it's job.
2 - Replace all the injectors with re-man injectors.
3 - Take the car to a fuel injection repair shop and get the system chemically flushed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the assistance with the tests Rogoman! Appreciate it

I did try Bg44k previously and it did help for a few months. Maybe its time to get injectors professionally done at the shop with the pressurized system cleaner.

Not sure if the Bg44k will help again.

By the way should oil be changed after throwing these chemicals into tank or having it professionally cleaned?

·
7,222 Posts
Thanks for the assistance with the tests Rogoman! Appreciate it

I did try Bg44k previously and it did help for a few months. Maybe its time to get injectors professionally done at the shop with the pressurized system cleaner.

Not sure if the Bg44k will help again.

By the way should oil be changed after throwing these chemicals into tank or having it professionally cleaned?
An oil change should not be necessary after performing either of the said tasks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
An oil change should not be necessary after performing either of the said tasks.
So I went to check my plugs and they were all fouled. I had only changed them about 17k miles ago.

It seemed to smell like gasoline. I started it and moved it into my driveway after sitting overnight and then left it for the 30 min before doing

Still getting the bogging issue when starting after 30 minutes or so.

I had mentioned in previous post about doing the fuel pressure test and there was some slight pressure drop at the rail every couple of minutes. I lost about 9 or 10 psi after 30 minutes.

Doesn’t this indicate a leak down or is this drop in pressure normal.

I am honestly not sure where else this issue can be coming from.

Appreciate all the help

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Forgot to mention in the post above that the single plug in the pictures was from cylinder 5 and 6. Those smelled the highest of the gas, if I was correct on the scent, lol. Where are injectors 5 and 6 located? Under the plenum?

·
7,222 Posts
Forgot to mention in the post above that the single plug in the pictures was from cylinder 5 and 6. Those smelled the highest of the gas, if I was correct on the scent, lol. Where are injectors 5 and 6 located? Under the plenum?
Both injectors are at the back.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
So nobody has asked you how much oil you are burning or losing ?
I think the previous post was referring just to throttle body and PCV.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So nobody has asked you how much oil you are burning or losing ?
I think the previous post was referring just to throttle body and PCV.
Don’t really loose oil. Have a minor leak from where engine and transmission meet. But it’s not the rear mail seal.

Don’t burn oil. Never seen blue smoke.

My oil level is always fine between oil changes.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
Well I am impressed. My 2003 burnt 1 Qt. + or - every 1000 miles from 24,000 when I got it till 2018 at 168,000

21 - 33 of 33 Posts