Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to get a new key fob for my pathy. I have a 97 Pathfinder LE.
I was curious if anyone knew what model I needed to get... Like the numbers on the fob or whatever?
I've never bought a new fob before, so I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks guys!
J

·
Registered
193 Posts
As I understand, there are two frequencies for that Pathy's remote. It depends if it was manufactured in Japan or the US.
Get one from eBay, they are cheap and work great.
Just search for "97 pathfinder keyless entry" and it'll give you the result!
I got one for a Nissan Altima and worked great. They even give you the instructions to program the remote, it's very easy.
Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks alot bro! I've heard some people say you had to get one that had a precise model number or something.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if I didn't have a remote to begin with?
The guy who sold it to me had lost it like 2 weeks proir to me buying it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can contact the seller on eBay and tell him that you need a remote taken from a US 97 Pathy and I think you'll be OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had to replace a remote on my 97 Pathy as well. After a lot of research (aftermarket ones, eBay) I decided to go to dealer and buy a new remote. Cost about $90 and the parts department guy programs it for you as well. Have to have your truck there for them to do it. Took about 10 mins.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 97 and the keyless entry fcc id IS KOBUTA2T.

Searching for that replacements brings back KOBUTA3T for 96-99 models as well, mostly for 98-99.

The difference between them is mine is all black, where the KOBUTA3T has a grey lock button.

What was the FCC ID of the remote for your 97 pathy ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts