Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best replacement control arms for the front on a 97 Pathfinder?

I had originally used Mevotech when I replaced two years ago, but a mistake I had made when installing was torquing with wheels in air instead of it being pre loaded on the ground then torqued.

Should I replace them again due to this error? or slack back and retorque at vehicle weight. It has been two years though.

I have an occasional clunking/popping noise over bumps and such. I am going to be replacing all my coils and the front strut mounts and bearings and the upper coil seat rubbers. I have new kyb shocks and struts for the job.

I don't believe the clunk comes from the arms, possibly the strut mounts as they are still original. Everything else suspension wise has been replaced and still solid, including the front control arms that have been replaced.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,069 Posts
If you want the "best," then you would be paying around $200 ea. for genuine Nissan control arms. The quality of most aftermarket control arms is pretty good and Mevotech is a good brand. Personally, I prefer Moog. The Moog lower arms do NOT come with ball joints, however, the upper arms do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts