Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day people!

Great board - exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, I'm a huge newbie not only to Nissan - to Japanese cars in general. I recently sold my '71 Cutlass SX (455 4bbl) because I had to move somewhere without a garage. I picked up a '97 I30t for daily style driving, and have my beater (an '89 Olds 88, with a '90 front end heh heh) for "bad" parking lots.

What a beautiful car... I picked this one specifically because:

A. IMO, it looks better than any other Infiniti, even the 2k+ years
B. It only has 50K miles
C. Indy history
D. The price was right

Even if the price wasn't perfect, I would've picked this car over any I had the option of getting. I've had it for about a month, and I'm obsessed with it.

This weekend I tuned it up - put some Denso platinum plugs in along with an air filter and oil change (it's been on Mobile1 since birth - previous owner really babied it).

The only problem is a periodic stall when starting it cold. I've researched, and it seems like the problem is the IACV. I've got a buddy of mine looking for one for me at a decent price (<$200). Not a pressing issue though.

Anyway... you're all probably sick and tired of this question, but I did search the forum and I didn't find anything. I'd like to spend under a grand modding it for more speed. I can only appreciate American 350ci+ exhaust noise, so I'm not looking to mod the exhaust in any "loud" way.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks for reading!
:cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey welcome to the forum hope you have a great time and learn a lot. :cheers:

take a look around there are places that you can ask specific questions that might be more helpful then here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts