Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a '97 HB with the KA for a few grand back in September, and now I want to start tinkering with it. I read a few topics on here that said the KA isn't the greatest for modding, so I'm thinking I'd like to do an engine swap. My brother suggested the SR20, but my dad suggested the RB25. I've got a good bit of money, so cost isn't too much of an issue. How feasible is the swap? What all exactly would be involved? Is there a better swap that I don't know about? I'm kind of new to Nissans, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do want more power, and I want more experience working with the more complicated parts of vehicles. I'd like something a little less common than a V8, though, and I'd like to work with turbos, because I've driven cars with turbos but never actually worked on them. I know, I sound crazy wanting to get the same results in a more complicated way, but I just want the experience and the satisfaction of knowing I made something complicated work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the engine from the 300ZX, right? How difficult is the swap? I'm not afraid of a little fabrication, but I don't want to have to fashion half the parts just to make it fit. Also, are they easy to work on? I've seen a 300ZX engine bay, and it looked kinda cramped, but is it more accessible than it looks?

·
Registered
265 Posts
that's also the old pathfinder engine. V6 used to come in the earlier HBs, so it's not like you'd be reinventing the wheel.

·
Registered
706 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts