Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys,

My sentra has been throwing code P1441 for a few monnths now. It was fine until I installed an OBX intake. The intake went in fine except the vacuum line that goes from the intake tube to the manifold would always pinch up due to lousy bung placement on OBX's part. I recently put several zip tie on said hose to keep it from pinching.

The code kept coming on and off for a few months now. It wasnt until today wen i actually hooked it up to the scanner. I fixed that hose a few days ago and have been hoping that would turn the light off.

With a little googleing it looks like alot of B14 owners have had this code due to vacuum line/canister problems.

The car runs great. the CEL light went off (luckily just as my inspection ran out. I am not looking to simply erase the code, i want to fix the issue.

Any suggestions or input?

·
Registered
74 Posts
get a longer vaccum hose. this way the hose won't kink. I can't find a P1441 error code in the haynes. What is the diagnosis? I know that just because its not in the haynes that doesn't necessarily mean that itdoesn't exist. If its the cannister.... just pull it and plug the lines with vaccum plugs(autozone for like $5 i think) I removed my charcoal cannister and no problems at all.I just gets rid of fuel fumes from the engine bay and fuel tank area.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this elsewhere...

I have a feeling that the previously kinked hose was the culpret. Although, 12 year old vacuum lines could stand to be replaced.

Code P1441 Evaporative Emission Control System (Very Small Leak). Most likely the gas cap is loose. Check the gas cap first and resecure. Erase the code and drive the car. If the light comes back ON more test are need and the possible causes are:

-Incorrect fuel tank vacuum relief valve.
-Incorrect fuel filler cap used.
-Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
-Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap.
-Leak is in line between intake manifold and EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
-Foreign matter caught in EVAP canister vent control valve.
-EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks.
-EVAP purge line (Pipe and rubber tube) leaks.
-EVAP purge line rubber tube bent.
-Blocked or bent rubber tube to EVAP control system pressure sensor.
-Loose or disconnected rubber tube.
-EVAP canister vent control valve and the circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts