Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit evryone,....this might have been discussed before, but... does anyone know if the 97 fog lights from a 200sx will also fit into the 99 sentra bumper?? I know the bumpers differ.One being a bit more rounded at the bottom, but Im just not sure if the foglights are the same dimensions. I just bought the 97 200sx foglights from another NF member, and am now wondering which bumper to go with.
ANy help on this question would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed already. Mahalo. :cheers:

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
Yep, they are universal. the bumper will have mounting points pre-drilled, and hopefully, your car will have the wiring harness already installed.

the harness where the lights mount should either just be hanging there somewhere, or wrapped in with the headlight harness.

did you also get the different turn signal switch, with the fog light on/off switch in it? if not, you will need this. if so, ignore this lol.

and the harness for the extra switch on the turn signal paddle, if already installed on your car, will be wrapped in with a cluster of wires in the steering column. you have to take off the knee guard, and the black box surrounding the steering column itself to be able to get at it and run the wires through. the black box has 4 screws holding it together on the bottom side, and then just snaps apart. you may have to use a screw driver to pry it open.

If ya got anymore questions, let me know n I'll try to see your reply, or someone else on here can help ya out. :p

EDIT:
Oh, and if ya dont have the wiring harness pre-installed from the factory, it was like $38 or $48 from the dealer. I bought it because i didnt know they came pre-installed. but if it didnt i wanted to be prepared.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thnx slayer...

Slayer2003 said:
Yep, they are universal. the bumper will have mounting points pre-drilled, and hopefully, your car will have the wiring harness already installed.

the harness where the lights mount should either just be hanging there somewhere, or wrapped in with the headlight harness.

did you also get the different turn signal switch, with the fog light on/off switch in it? if not, you will need this. if so, ignore this lol.

and the harness for the extra switch on the turn signal paddle, if already installed on your car, will be wrapped in with a cluster of wires in the steering column. you have to take off the knee guard, and the black box surrounding the steering column itself to be able to get at it and run the wires through. the black box has 4 screws holding it together on the bottom side, and then just snaps apart. you may have to use a screw driver to pry it open.

If ya got anymore questions, let me know n I'll try to see your reply, or someone else on here can help ya out. :p

EDIT:
Oh, and if ya dont have the wiring harness pre-installed from the factory, it was like $38 or $48 from the dealer. I bought it because i didnt know they came pre-installed. but if it didnt i wanted to be prepared.
Wow! SLayer, thnk you for all of the helpful info,...by the way--I think I saw your car before,... is it the car w/ the Stealth lights?? Im pretty sure it is... I noticed your bumper and thnk its a cool setup :thumbup: --but I did not realize all of the details invlved in setting up for the foglights,.... I should be starting work on my car (both by fixing it up and cosmetics) in the next few weeks and I will def keep in touch and let you know how it turns out!,.... :cheers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chucky200 said:
^^ Sentra96816, you are such a happy guy! it's awsome! :thumbup:
^^Hey my GB fanatic friend!! thnx for noticing...well, its not too hard to be happy when you are living in the sunny 808 state while cruzin in a B14 :cool: ,.------- although i thnk I have to lay off the GBs and the cosmetics, and concentrate MORE on mechanics,(clutch,starter, CV boots,etc.are starting to give me problems) Oh yeah and about partaking in more GB's, I'm crossing my fingers and not making any promises.... ;)

Ill keep evryone posted! :givebeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts