Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last post the engine won't rev above 500. So I wiggled the mass air flow sensor connector and maybe the air temp connector too, same location-and suddenly it would rev like normal. Drove around the neighborhood - ok, warmed it up, but after a while there was a miss noticeable at the tail pipe (putt putt). #1 plug was suspect, pulled it, and it seems completely carboned from fuel? Put in another plug but it was back to 500 rpm, wouldn't rev up.
I'll check the compression in that cylinder. Is it possible that oil leaking into the dist. could foul up the camshaft senser? causing a weak spark which lead to the sooty plug? At one point it set DTC 1320 "ignition signal".

·
Registered
241 Posts
The MAF is probably messed up inside due to bad solder joints. You can temporarily probably use some zip ties to get the harness connector from the MAF positioned right. But that is only a quick-fix until you get another MAF.

The ignition signal code was probably caused by you doing some testing. If it comes back on its own, then you could have an issue there as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MAF is probably messed up inside due to bad solder joints. You can temporarily probably use some zip ties to get the harness connector from the MAF positioned right. But that is only a quick-fix until you get another MAF.

The ignition signal code was probably caused by you doing some testing. If it comes back on its own, then you could have an issue there as well.
Thanks for the reply. Agree seems like a bad connection at the MAP or Air Temp connectors, gave them a shot of contact cleaner and the rev problem was resolved for the moment. This car has become a challenge, it has 175k and one owner. Up to this time, it was reliable except for random stalling (beginning about 2 years ago) requiring a cool off of a few minutes. First solution was new plugs, leads, cap and rotor, later new plugs fixed the symtom, the old plugs would have about 3000 miles, then the engine was smooth for another interval. The old plugs looked perfect.
Now, the car starts, runs okay, warms up, after about 3-4 miles an engine miss develops, P0301 "1#cylinder" code is set along with a "bank 1&2 sensors" which the Haynes manual shows as the front and rear O2 sensors. So now is it one problem or more?
BTW, noticed you're "northern va", I'm in Fairfax Station. Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts