Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo sound just stopped working. The stereo still has all function just no sound going to the speakers. Is there an in-line fuse? Tried plugging in another stereo, still no sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
un plug all ur speakers. then hook them up one at a time till it cuts out. its most likely a bad magnet in one or more of the speakers. when replacing them its harder because of how shallow the door's are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys. I will be checking the speakers as there is no fuse that I can find on the stereo or in-line anywhere.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Been there done that...

If the radio still functions, then it isn't a fuse issue. With a stereo problem like this, you'll need to go through the process of elimination like the tazmaster2007 implies. It's either a faulty speaker(s), or a loose cable connection somewhere in the stereo harness itself. You can make this job a lot easier if you have a multimeter though, just touch the wires that are plugged into the back of the stereo deck and find out which speaker isn't registering anything. This will enable you to locate the possible problem without having to take out all the speakers...best of luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If the radio still functions, then it isn't a fuse issue. With a stereo problem like this, you'll need to go through the process of elimination like the tazmaster2007 implies. It's either a faulty speaker(s), or a loose cable connection somewhere in the stereo harness itself. You can make this job a lot easier if you have a multimeter though, just touch the wires that are plugged into the back of the stereo deck and find out which speaker isn't registering anything. This will enable you to locate the possible problem without having to take out all the speakers...best of luck.
took the words out of my mouth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts