Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 200sx 1.6 and my 5 speed tranny blew last night when i was racing someone. is there a different tranny with shorter gear ratio's that will fit my car , and if not does the tranny have to be a 95-98? or will lower years bolt up?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the 91-93 NX1600 tranny has shorter ratios, and will bolt right up to the ga16de.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 91-93 NX1600 tranny has shorter ratios, and will bolt right up to the ga16de.
i was in a hurry to find one and couldnt find a nx1600 tranny so i got a 94 jdm ga16de tranny, do u know if its true that the jdm ones have lsd or is that just the sr20de tranny

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
i was in a hurry to find one and couldnt find a nx1600 tranny so i got a 94 jdm ga16de tranny, do u know if its true that the jdm ones have lsd or is that just the sr20de tranny
Only certain JDM trannies had LSD's and they are rare! What symptoms is your tranny having? Will not shift into or out of 3rd and 4th gear?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only certain JDM trannies had LSD's and they are rare! What symptoms is your tranny having? Will not shift into or out of 3rd and 4th gear?
i was racing someone and i went into 3rd gear and it just revved then i heard parts rattlin around and seen all the fluid drainin out lol. the only gear i can get to work is second if i pull hard as hell on the shifter and 5th gear ,

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I am assuming that the case cracked? I broke the 3rd gear syncro on my tranny, I suspect you did the same but did more damage than I did. I simply could not shift in or out of 3rd/4th.....

I am assuming you shift very fast and hard? Are you power shifting (not lifting off the gas)?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am assuming that the case cracked? I broke the 3rd gear syncro on my tranny, I suspect you did the same but did more damage than I did. I simply could not shift in or out of 3rd/4th.....

I am assuming you shift very fast and hard? Are you power shifting (not lifting off the gas)?
yeah it cracked lol ,yeah i usually shift fast, but i always let my foot off the gas, that tranny had a 170k miles on it so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts