Nissan Forum banner

96 sentra

955 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheVodKA 
#1 ·
Im new and I want to know how I can get more power out of my 96 Sentra (automatic). I already have an exhaust, a header and NGK plugs/wires. What else as far as bolt on products could I use to make her faster. My boyfriend has a kick ass eclipse and its fast, Im so jealous.
Thanks, NismoGurl96

#2 ·
You can pick up a small/decent amount of power from a Cold Air Intake, Lightweight Pulleys, and maybe a tiny bit from a flywheel (which is much more helpful for quickening acceleration than hp.) A high-flow cat might also do some good, but I dunno how much, if at all. After that, you get off the bolt-on tricycle and onto some pretty good power adders, particularly a JWT Cams/ECU combo. If you want more speed and still wanna keep the auto, you would want to modify the valve body and get a higher-stall torque converter. Once you have all that, you have some options. You can stay all-motor and port the head, get some higher-comp pistons/titanium rods (if there are any, if not custom) and get some serious tuning done to squeeze out the last bit of horsepower. The 2nd, and my favorite option, is a turbo kit, which can be done on an auto, and if you feel like it, ask lshadoff, he's a supermod on here. If you just want a little more speed and don't want to go for those, then a small shot of Nitrous, preferably with fuel/ignition upgrades and the corresponding JWT program would be a good bet. I hope I've been helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.