Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

About a month ago i bought a 96 Sentra GXE. Its a pretty fun car. but i was looking at the size of those wheels/tires on that car and they kinda depress me. i think they are like 13s? so i was wondering if there were any other size rim/tire combination that I can use that will possibly fill the massive wheel gap that I have. Also, Is there a front bumper I could find that has foglight holes in it? if not Is there just A simple lip that I could buy? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
yes plenty of after market wheels. 4 x 100 make sur eyou ge tthe right concentric rings to fit the wheel to the hub.
SE-R front bumper has fog lights as stock...
SE-R wheels are 15 inch as stock....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I made the mistake of buying 4x100 14" steelies w/o checking to see if it'd fit. Aargh. I passed them along on Craigslist.

Make sure to use a tire calculator online to see what tires will not screw your speedometer.
Original size is 175/70R13. I went with 185/65R13.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys. my next question is a totall noob questions but I was gonna replace my pads and rotors on my car and got the caliper off with no problems. But when I went to take my rotor off I was in a pickle. It appears that the Rotor is held onto the axle with that massive nut and cotter pin. so tomorrow I imagine im gonna have to go buy the right size bolt and try to break that bad boy loose. fuuun stuff. but the rotor i was handed looks like its held on by two little bolts. so do I have to take that axle nut off to take my rotor off and will I need to go buy new rotors? how hard is it gonna be for me to get that axle nut off and are there any tricks to getting it off cause i dont have any power tools just my muscles hahha

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
NO.
the rotor is a slide on fit, once the caliper is removed, not just tilted up to change pads, the rotor will come off.
unfortunately depending on where you live they rust onto the hub.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
The two little threads are on most drums and rotors, find bolts that fit and screw in, they are a kind of extractor.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get the caliper all the way off of the car and out of the way and gave the rotor a good quality hit with a mallet and it didnt budge at all. ive done brakes on 2 other cars before. the rotor thats on the car doesnt have the little bolt holes to take the rotor off either. ill take pictures when i get home tonight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts