Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:fluffy:
The other day I realized my dashboard lights weren't working. Because I can't figure out what fuse it is to troubleshoot (there are fuses inside, and fuses under the hood), I just decided not to worry about it. Then my friends were driving behind me an noticed my taillights weren't working either. So, I'm trying to drive only during daylight hours, but in Michigan that is very hard to do. Between the snow and the short days, it seems I always need my lights on. I'm terrified of being pulled over, because even if it's just a 'fix-it ticket' I can't afford to take my car to a mechanic. I hate being so so stupid when it comes to my sweet car. I just wish I knew if there was even a such thing as a fuse that controls my dash/taillights. I did consult with one person, this representative at Autozone. :thumbdwn: She read my fuse key and said it didn't look like there was a fuse for my dashboard/taillights. :( Could this be true?

Any feedback is greatly greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays to everyone!!

Cara

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Cara,

I noticed that noone has responded to this post, so is it all fixed now? You want to check ALL your fuses in both your under dash and under hood fuse boxes to make sure no stone is left unturned. I'm horrible at remember specific fuses, but you might be able to find what you're looking for if you check them out. ALSO, since your taillights were out, did you notice ANYTHING else that isn't working? Sometimes the dash lights will go out because of the actual adjustment switch is out of whack.

Btw, you also posted this in the B15 chassis specific forum, but this problem might not be B14 specific anyways. Let us know what is going on. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04 days after driving it home from the lot, first the tail lights went out then gage cluster and eventually lost all power. For whatever reason the fuse that is related to your tail/reverse lights is tied into the gage cluster which is closely connected to the ECM.

This is what the dealership told me anyways and it fixed my problems

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
sassycara said:
:fluffy:
The other day I realized my dashboard lights weren't working. Because I can't figure out what fuse it is to troubleshoot (there are fuses inside, and fuses under the hood), I just decided not to worry about it. Then my friends were driving behind me an noticed my taillights weren't working either. So, I'm trying to drive only during daylight hours, but in Michigan that is very hard to do. Between the snow and the short days, it seems I always need my lights on. I'm terrified of being pulled over, because even if it's just a 'fix-it ticket' I can't afford to take my car to a mechanic. I hate being so so stupid when it comes to my sweet car. I just wish I knew if there was even a such thing as a fuse that controls my dash/taillights. I did consult with one person, this representative at Autozone. :thumbdwn: She read my fuse key and said it didn't look like there was a fuse for my dashboard/taillights. :( Could this be true?

Any feedback is greatly greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays to everyone!!

Cara
Cara,

Check all your fuses...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do believe (correct me if im wrong) that your tailights and dash lights are the same fuse on all cars. i've had this problem on two of my previous cars (of course they were both fords :thumbdwn: ) and the fuse was inside the car on both. and if you get pulled over just play dumb and tell them you didnt know. it has never failed for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.