Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one never forgets to use a air filter and always change it 2-3 times a year. I recently picked up a 96' Nissan Sentra and started working on the timing chain area, needed a new tensioner, which was a breeze.

When I did a final look over the air box had no filter, I called the dealer and asked how long did the car have no air filter and if they forgot. They could not give me an answer.

Since I never ever forgot to put one on or ran a vehicle without one what repercussions can be caused by this? Should I disassemble the intake assembly and run it through a wash bath.

I am sure the MAF is dirty among other things that need clean air.

The car will be down in a few weeks to rework timing chain cover seal, and front seal, oil pan seal and such..

Chain looks very good, and the engine has adequate compression, however have not dug into why the engine light is on at all times that will come soon, seems to have good throttle response it is a little boggy at first and hits the power band later in the rev.

The engine runs and sound better now then when I first got it a week ago.

·
Registered
485 Posts
As long as it wasnt ran really long or hard with out the filter you should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts