Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the PCV Valve on the 2WD '96 HB 4cyl? I downloaded the factory manual and it states that the valve is in the air filter area. There is a metal hose sticking out of the valve cover, but it's smooth all the way around. There's no way to grab it and yank it out without damaging it. It's also a lot bigger than the PCV valve I bought from AutoZone: linkie

PepBoys computer also shows the same PCV valve for the HB.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The PCV is located next to the OIL Filter! If you remove the oil filter, you can feel it to the right of the filter ( towards front of the engine).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bobt2382 for the quick reply! I would have never thought of looking so far down the engine. What does the hose near the top of the valve cover do? It leads to the air filter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What does the hose near the top of the valve cover do? It leads to the air filter.
Saidiadude. I believe that is part of the evaporative emission system. If you download the FSM, look on page 160, EC-20. This describes the system and has a basic diagram. By the way, it took me 8 years to figure out where the PCV was located. I believe I found the location on one of the nissan forums! Page 164 EC-24 has a good decscription of the PCV system but a poor diagram....if your trying to use it to locate the PCV valve and the hose it attaches to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. I spent an hour or so looking for it last weekend. I ended up assuming that the hose on top of the valve cover was attached to the PCV valve (as it was on my old Nissan Sentra and other cars). I'm glad I asked here instead of trying to yank off the metal pipe :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you manage to find it yet?

I just changed mine this winter. I couldn't find it until I came across a post on another forum (as well). It's easiest to go in through the front right wheel well. Pull back the rubber skirt and look just slightly up and to the right. It is just underneath the oil filter. Have fun getting it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts