Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the bulb on my driver side fog light in a 1996 Pathy.

Now, looking at it from the front, in how it's attached to the bracket holding it to the front grille, I see two bolts and some sort of plastic bolt-thing. I've got the two bolts out, what do I do with this plastic thing. It's all that's holding the thing to the front grille. Just pry it out, or am I going to need some nissan exclusive tool?

·
Nissan Master Tech
131 Posts
why are you taking it all the way out. Cant you just replace the bulb from the back side?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have removed mine a couple of times.
After removing the bolts, pry the foglight out from the right side. Which means from the side that does not have the plastic thing. I have a spare one (with bracket) now and I took pics for you to see what is the plastic thing and how the light is mounted: (Click to enlarge)

- Photo 01 is how the light is mounted in the bracket (After removing the bolts) from the right side (The plastic thing has a like a small swivel ball that mounts on the plastic bit):

- Photo 02 is of the left side when I pry it out:

- Photo 03 is of the right side again; After prying the light out from the left side, you have to yank it to the left in order to get the metall ball out of the plastic hole. This is how it looks like after being pulled:

Hope this helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts