Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my factory stereo with an aftermarket stereo. I have had the power entenna and the wiring harness hooked up. I don't have any sound coming from the speakers. I can hook the stereo directly to a speaker (off of a boat) and sound is fine. Hook back up to speakers in vehicle... nothing! Any ideas of what may be missing?? I have tried with two different stereos but have the same results. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
354 Posts
is it bose branded? and double din clarion head unit with cassette and cd player? if so it has seperate amplifier at back inside left fender i suppose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a diffrent cable/wiring harness I need to purchase or any way of going around the amplifier? It isn't a bose but it is a cd and cass. player now. going to just a cd player (hopefully)

·
Registered
354 Posts
i think bose amplifier has really good and neutral sound. i would never replace it with highly electronic modern dvd mp3 wmv player. if you insist on wiring things, i think you can track the signal output to amplifier from back of head unit then you can rewire stereo signal to bacak area and attach speaker wires together at back instead of using stock amplifier. if you will do so you may try to use old amplifier at home.

my head unit lost all its bulbs inside, i opened it and replaced all bulbs with leds. now it shines like new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)Thanks for everyones ideas. I was installing this actually for my wife for christmas. I decided to take it to an installer instead of trying to take it apart myself. This way I wouldn't be in so much trouble with the wife if I couldn't get it working. (I probably couldn't anyway) The installer had the old stereo out and the new one playing very fast. I wasn't there but maybe 45 - 1 hr.
Didn't have any charge except the installation charge. So this leads me to believe that there wasn't an additional cable I needed to purchase. There must have been something I missed in the first 2 attemps at the installation.
It sounds really good, very plain! Which also makes me happy that I took it and had it done. I did have to pay a fee ($35.00), but I still will be sleeping inside tonight. (Ha Ha!!):jump:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts