Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a diagnostic done on my 96 4cyl. hardbody it came back p0180 ,fuel temp sensor .I purchased the sensor $26.00 but can't find where it goes .

The service dept. at nissan just says if you have a problem bring it in it will be 295.00 to do it . I'm short on the bucks but , I need to get the check engine light off to pass smog . It runs excellent and still gets the same mileage it did when I bought it but that damn light!

I just need to know where it goes. It is a late 96 mfg.date of 04/96 if that matters.--thanks ,ALAN

I even had him put in my vin# and it came back with this being the right part.
I'm going to get a picture in this afternoon-

I have trouble with my camera now ( will it never end?)
went to nissan personally and found a decent parts man he went back to service to check for me the location. It ended up being inside the fuel tank .

It has a plug in terminal that two wires out of it that are 12 in. long covered by a sheath,it is soldered to two connectors that are molded into a black hard plastic piece the size of a thimble.
The thimble snaps into a holder in the bottom of the tank ,the plug in pluggs into the bottom of the tank sending unit / fuel pump.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have never heard of a fuel temp sensor... air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, fuel level sending unit and low level sensor, O2 sensor, but never a fuel temp sensor. BTW if it is an air temp sensor, it is mounted under the air filter box and you likely need to repair the wires. make sure you have the nomenclature correct, though, and we might be able to help you. Hell, post a pic.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I havent either and thats why I didn't reply but according to the Haynes manual code 0402 is for the the fuel temp sensor or circuit. Post a pic as I have never even heard of this sensor till you posted and I went to school for this crap!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aaronford said:
I have never heard of a fuel temp sensor... air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, fuel level sending unit and low level sensor, O2 sensor, but never a fuel temp sensor. BTW if it is an air temp sensor, it is mounted under the air filter box and you likely need to repair the wires. make sure you have the nomenclature correct, though, and we might be able to help you. Hell, post a pic.

I tried to describe it the best I could check out my thread . my camera is screwed up. Thanks for your attempted help anyway--ALAN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nissanjunkie said:
I havent either and thats why I didn't reply but according to the Haynes manual code 0402 is for the the fuel temp sensor or circuit. Post a pic as I have never even heard of this sensor till you posted and I went to school for this crap!!!!! :thumbup:

go check out my thread description thanks for the help------

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was thinking it might be in the fuel tank( thats the only place I figured it could be after a little thoguht but I wasn't sure ). A pic would really help me get the idea of how it works/where is mounted on the pump but don't worry if you can't get a pic up! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts