Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does nayone know if it is possible to pust a 95/96 maxima headlight in a 97 maxima without any gaps or mods? thanx

·
Registered
73 Posts
sladeaudio said:
hi, does nayone know if it is possible to pust a 95/96 maxima headlight in a 97 maxima without any gaps or mods? thanx
I have never heard of doing this but I don't see why not. I know a lot of people do it the other way around 96>>97 rather than 97>>>96. You would probably just need to get a grille out of a 95-96 and every thing would line right up. In my opinion I do not know why you would do this. The 97-99 headlights look much better and do not get foggy like the 95-96 headlights do...but its your choice

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headlights are half the price

the 95-96 headlights are aftermarket so would probably not get yellowed and are half the price as the 97-98 models. my driver's side is yellowed and i want a new one thats all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok, you will be able to tell a difference in the two lights when looking at your car...they are not the same. Would it still be half price when you throw in the price of getting a 95-96 grille and having it painted?

sladeaudio said:
the 95-96 headlights are aftermarket so would probably not get yellowed and are half the price as the 97-98 models. my driver's side is yellowed and i want a new one thats all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cardana24 said:
ok, you will be able to tell a difference in the two lights when looking at your car...they are not the same. Would it still be half price when you throw in the price of getting a 95-96 grille and having it painted?

WTH,
You DO NOT need to get the grill to go with the headlights.
The only time you would need to change out the grill is when doing a bumper swap.
Headlights have no fitment issues with any grill.
I personally have a 96 with 96 headlights and a 97 grill and a 97 bumper.

As far as the headlights go, the 95-96 lights are glass. You are right to say they will not yellow.
However, if you wish to save your self some money, simply sand and polish your current headlights and you can get rid of that yellowing.

If you do get the 95-96 headlight, get both.
Their is a noticable difference in 95-96's and the 97-99's.
The 95-96's are glass and not as transparent as the plastic 97-99's.

My 96 with a 97 grill and 97 bumper,... no fitment issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh ok, I did not realize the whole conversion was only cosmetic. *guy who posted* listen to flavor247

FLAVOR247 said:
WTH,
You DO NOT need to get the grill to go with the headlights.
The only time you would need to change out the grill is when doing a bumper swap.
Headlights have no fitment issues with any grill.
I personally have a 96 with 96 headlights and a 97 grill and a 97 bumper.

As far as the headlights go, the 95-96 lights are glass. You are right to say they will not yellow.
However, if you wish to save your self some money, simply sand and polish your current headlights and you can get rid of that yellowing.

If you do get the 95-96 headlight, get both.
Their is a noticable difference in 95-96's and the 97-99's.
The 95-96's are glass and not as transparent as the plastic 97-99's.

My 96 with a 97 grill and 97 bumper,... no fitment issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cardana24 said:
oh ok, I did not realize the whole conversion was only cosmetic. *guy who posted* listen to flavor247

Its really not your fault. Many are under the assumption of the same thing that you had posted.
This comes up every time somone asks about the front end conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts