Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found previous post, only solution I found was the wiring harness splice. Mine doesn't seem to have those splices. Has anyone else found the solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
. The truck still cuts out at 2000 rpm. It runs perfectly until it hits 2000 rpm. By whatever means if you can keep the needle off 2000 rpm the truck will run fine. When it hits 2000 rpm it just cuts out and you need to back off the pedal and wait about five seconds and your back to normal until you hit 2000 rpm again.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,364 Posts
Possibly a bad MAF putting the system into fail-safe mode; when in this mode, the ECU will limit the RPMs to around 2,000. You might consider performing an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://ownersmanuals2.com/. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
. The truck still cuts out at 2000 rpm. It runs perfectly until it hits 2000 rpm. By whatever means if you can keep the needle off 2000 rpm the truck will run fine. When it hits 2000 rpm it just cuts out and you need to back off the pedal and wait about five seconds and your back to normal until you hit 2000 rpm again. Runs fine over 2000 rps also, just the hiccup at 2000.
Possibly a bad MAF putting the system into fail-safe mode; when in this mode, the ECU will limit the RPMs to around 2,000. You might consider performing an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://ownersmanuals2.com/. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.
. The truck still cuts out at 2000 rpm. It runs perfectly until it hits 2000 rpm. By whatever means if you can keep the needle off 2000 rpm the truck will run fine. When it hits 2000 rpm it just cuts out and you need to back off the pedal and wait about five seconds and your back to normal until you hit 2000 rpm again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks rogoman, I was thinking possible throttle position sensor as it will run fine over 2000 rpms as well as below, it only happens at 2000 rpms. I just got the truck from a friend who was tired of messing w it

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,364 Posts
Thanks rogoman, I was thinking possible throttle position sensor as it will run fine over 2000 rpms as well as below, it only happens at 2000 rpms. I just got the truck from a friend who was tired of messing w it
Well you've got a good point. Years ago I've ran into a similar problem. There could be a bad spot on the TPS; easy enough to replace, just follow the procedure for setting up a new TPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts