Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looking for a little insight can not find the service manual that I have saved at my computer at work. I drove my car home about 50 miles shut it off to go food shopping got into the car and I went to start it and its like the clutch is not pressed in. You turn the key and you get no response just acts like it wants to put power to the starter but does not do anything. I am thinking its the starter but it started fine at work it is a lil sluggish but it still cranks. So I am going to pull the starter and have it checked. If its not the starter where should I check next wires and all that are good. Anyone ever have a Neutral Safety Switch go on them? Anyone ever have this problem and would like to share on how they fixed it. Or can anyone get the link for a 96 Altima Service Manual? Thanks guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the starter attempts to turn but slowly, I would suspect that it is going bad . BUT- this can also be caused by , again, bad battery connections and electrical connections at the starter. You don;t mention how many miles are on the car but starters do not last forever!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts