Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Altima whos air bag light continously flashes 5 seconds after the engine has been started. How do i disable the air bag system so as i do not get a supprise bag in the face? Or how do i fix the problem without taking it to the dealer who wants to charge $90 just to tell me what is wrong?

Thanks for your help
Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts
kenschwab said:
I have a 96 Altima whos air bag light continously flashes 5 seconds after the engine has been started. How do i disable the air bag system so as i do not get a supprise bag in the face? Or how do i fix the problem without taking it to the dealer who wants to charge $90 just to tell me what is wrong?

Thanks for your help
Ken
They had a recall on 95 airbag, I think on inflation speed though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
air bag light

I have had this exact same issue on my 1996 altima. If it is the same problem, all you have to do is open the driver door and find the open/closed contact switch for the door. Start the car, then press this button 5 times. This resets the air bag indication.

T.J.

QUOTE=kenschwab]I have a 96 Altima whos air bag light continously flashes 5 seconds after the engine has been started. How do i disable the air bag system so as i do not get a supprise bag in the face? Or how do i fix the problem without taking it to the dealer who wants to charge $90 just to tell me what is wrong?

Thanks for your help
Ken[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.