Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again guy's,
I have a 96 Sentra that needs some work on the A/c.m It appears that somone for unknown reasons disconected the suction side of the system at the compressor and let the gas out?? My question is how tough are these compressors? Should I plan on a new compressor and a new low side line?? Who has this stuff besides the dealer??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Well my 97 is still all original.
But i have worked on A/C on other old cars.
I have put used compressors from the wrecker yards on three cars now, all Ok and no issues. But I knew the compressor ONLY was bad. drained and measure Oil volume from used compressor, replaced with new Oil ( this was R-12 systems). All my compressors failed at 8 -10 yrs for lack of Oil.

Your system is unknown at this point.
Options.
1) replace hose and compressor as planned and replace dryer (new).
Vacuum out and charge system. Check for leaks and function. If Ok you are done.
OR
2) just replace what is know bad, IE hose. Vacuum and charge, check out system.
then have freon removed for reclaim and replace rest of system parts that are bad, now add Dryer.

I assume you know you must remove the moisture and Air from the system.
this is particularly important since your system was open to Air for some time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian I willl more than likley end up replacing the compressor and low side hose with the drier and let it rip! Anyone have a 96 Sentra A/c stuff?? Oh buy the way Ian thats what I do for a living,A/c that is. Hey would you happen to know where I can get an adaptor to go from my manifold gauge port to a 134a car fitting? I also need it so that I can evacuate the system when I'm done. I checked out all of the differant parts places with know luck.....Thanks

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I had a bad problem with this, ended up with new gauge set and then had problem connecting to my vacum pump.
I don't remember how i did this now, but i have seen an adapter add-on with a gauge set just to do this recently. sorry cant help more.
Look in the classifieds there are folks breaking up their cars there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts