Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that on the 96 and 97 Maximas, there is a recall on the alternators. It does not apply on ALL alternators on those years but I have seen a lot of them that fall in this recall. What you have to do is look on the alternator for a colored sticker on it. There are 3 different colors. Red, green and silver. If you have a red sticker(may look orange) or a green sticker, you get a brand new shiny alternator from Nissan. If you have a silver sticker on it, this is the correct one. You will not get a new alternator. To find the sticker on the alt., look right next to where the power wire is bolted to the alt. The sticker is right next to that. If your car gets the alternator, call up the dealer and make an appointment to get this replaced, free of charge.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
A good rule of thumb when you buy any new/used car is to take your VIN up to the dealership (stealership) and have them run the VIN for any possible recalls.

·
Registered
601 Posts
HNE said:
Shut it Chris. I didn't do that, and now I'm gonna go have it done. Leave Jeff alone. You just got 5-speed envy.
Well that was old new in the 4th gen forum,in Maxima org.where have you been? :wall: LOL! And it was only apply to 97 only,I'm out off luck and you might have a chance,look it up. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts