Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I recently bought a used '96 300zx in excellent condition. I'm having an issue with the window tinting on the passenger's side window. When I clean the inside of the windows with regular Windex & paper towels, the tinting gets "cloudy". The more I rub the windows, the worse it gets and I can't figure out how to clear it up. It appears that I'm ruining the tinted window just by cleaning it.

I believe this is the stock tinting that came with the car. This happened before with my previous car (Nissan Pulsar) that had tinted windows.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks, all.

TZ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Windex has an ammonia base and will eat away at the tints glue..and sometimes dye it blue also...some shops use it to remove tent...get a (safe for tinted windows cleaner...i suggest invisaglass and dont ever use windex on your car again..you should be okay...but you may have to fix what you might have already damaged...good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks for your replies. I can't believe I didn't know that I shouldn't use Windex on the inside of the windows :loser:. It amazing I can get myself dressed in the morning.

I'll need to replace the tinting and not make that mistake again. You've been helpful. :cheers:

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
TimmZiv said:
Thanks for your replies. I can't believe I didn't know that I shouldn't use Windex on the inside of the windows :loser:. It amazing I can get myself dressed in the morning.

I'll need to replace the tinting and not make that mistake again. You've been helpful. :cheers:
Just make sure you don't use ammonia products on tint. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts