Nissan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im seriuosly thinking of swaping my 1.6 out to a sr20det,
I have the money to purchase the engine already but just need some clarification on exactly what parts i need to do the job right, and has any body ever done this.

Purchasing the front clip, from a friend that bought it and decided to sell it.
and is their any diffrence on installaling a gti-r instead of the BB

Help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ihateloops said:
just dont do it.
what do u mean? he shoulnt do it himself or shouldnt do it at all?

·
Registered
118 Posts
yes, that is exactly what i meant. try to find an se-r with either high miles on the engine or a blown engine, that way you can get it for cheap, and since youre swapping it anway, no big deal.
you may have the money for the engine right now, but i can pretty much guarantee you that you do not have the money that you will need for everything to do the swap, and it will be way too much of a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ive seen a sr20det in a 200sx in one issue of scc last year. it makes 476 hp or so

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the engine already and my freinds and I are up for the challenge, this weekend is the date starting early moring tommarow.

Ill post picks and such of the project.

Teknokid (Thanks)

LATE,
PEACE :)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey awesome pix.. !! your car look really clean with all the things you done. great job !

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Nice work. Im sure the hard work, time, money, and effort paid off. Im going to figure out the power to weight ratio and post it here for others to see. You should do a complete write up on this, if you ever have time of course.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Teknokid said:
Nice work. Im sure the hard work, time, money, and effort paid off. Im going to figure out the power to weight ratio and post it here for others to see. You should do a complete write up on this, if you ever have time of course.
I wanna go to dyno with the car but here ,Montreal (Canada) i don't know where i cant found a shop with the machine. Thanks for the compliment this car is not yet finish but don't worry it's aint gone be a rice car i gone repaint the hold car next year, front mount intercooler brake upgrade. It's been 3 years since my 200 SX project start and hoppefully it's gone be completly done next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts