Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was coming home from work tonight and a ford probe(gay [email protected]# car) pulled next to me at a red light. he was with his g/f and he said that he can beat any 200sx out there. after he said that, i was pissed, but kept my kool. i told him that i had no time to race b/c i had early classed in the morning, thats when him and his girl called me a pussy. at that point i was really ticked i mean i was on the verge of kicking his [email protected]!, but i didn't. i told him that i didn't want to waste my gas and drove off. who do yall think would of wont the race: my 200sx or the slowpoke probe??
oh don't worry the next time i see him i'm gonna wax the shi# out of him.

Z

·
0 Posts
Depends on what year it was, and whether it was a base model, a turbo or a V6. The turbo or V6 models will give you a run for your money, if they're modded they'll probably win.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Quote from Opium3------

I don't see why people even post these threads. Honestly! I mean, why don't you just race and find out already?!?THEN tell us how everything works out. I don't mean to pick on you individually SeSoonSe-R, because there are way too many of threads just like this one, so please don't think i'm reaming you. I'm just expressing/venting some of my thoughts as to why these threads happen. I mean, did you want us to back you up with verbal hype? Did you want us all to come out and watch you race? Does anyone even care in the first place about these type of threads? I mean, if this thread, and the many like them were asking about specs of the certain vehicle that they are "planning" on racing in a controlled environment (*hopefully), that would be alot different. But it seems like people just want some motivation because their self confidence in their driving abilities, and/or confidence in their car isn't exactly up to par. I just don't get why these threads happen... Someone please enlighten me...!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree....race him and find out.
;) ;)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
And I agree with Zak, if it's the turbo 2.2 you may possibly see his tail lights. If it's the 4cyl. N/A version, it's your world. But if it's the V6 model, your hands will be filled and it will come down to the driver because the v6 has a bit more hp and torque than the SR.... Just get it on and let us know the outcome "Tell the truth";)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.....and the winner is ... 200sx se-r. i mean i blew this guy out the water. i was at work today and he came in and was talking trash again(saying the same things) so i told him i would race after work. we met on a back road and raced. from the get go i was in the lead after a while i was ahead by aleast 4-5 car lengths. after the race he asked what i had and i told him. i asked what he had and he told me he had a 95 4cylinder AUTO(ouch!) so i gues he can't be any 200sx out there. peace!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
zeno said:
Quote from Opium3------

I agree....race him and find out.
;) ;)
Whoa! Glad I got through to someone!... thanks for listening.

I'm glad you won snkee200sx, and I'm sure after you found out what he had, it was no surprise that you did win. However, I recognize this thread as somewhat of a venting thread in the beginning. Everyone needs to do that every now and again. But next time, just tell us that you whooped his/her ass after you do it instead of asking who will win. But now that the deed is done, maybe you should hit up that ford probe guy's old lady and see if she wants to ride in a faster car than what she's used to. Tell her that there is some "hanky panky" involved for penalty on her boyfriends part. Just tell her its part of your ancient culture, and she must obey tradition. And if she still doesn't comply, then punch her in the face. Girls like that sort of thing!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Just sick Opium.....Just sick....But you think like I do and I like it;)
And if she still doesn't comply, then punch her in the face. Girls like that sort of thing!

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
I used to have a Ford Probe (not a [email protected]$$ car, IMHO, but anyway) Mine was a '93 GT, so it was the same body style as the one you raced, but with the Mazda V6. The four cylinder Probes sucked. They have a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder with something like 120 HP. I'd be willing to bet that you'd have beaten the guy if you had a base engine Sentra and a manual tranny, like mine. I think a Sentra with a 1.6 liter has something like 116 HP (Am I right or wrong on this?) but considering the Sentra is lighter, it wouldn't have been a problem. Add to that the fact that you have an SE-R, and it's showing Probeboy's obvious lack of intelligence, and thinking that because he has a car with a sportier body than an SE-R, that's it automatically means something.
Just my $0.02, and nice kill, by the way.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I think a Sentra with a 1.6 liter has something like 116 HP (Am I right or wrong on this?)
I think 95-up had 116hp and the 91-94 had 113hp (I think). But like I said, I know the V6 probe is no slouch and an SE-R is no slouch so this would have been a good race.
The four cylinder Probes sucked.
And I second this final answer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sups guys. i guess it was a nice victory. i wish that the guy would of had the GT model. if he did i think that i would value the victory even more. as for his girl i need to race him again with a little wager.... his girl. then she would know what it feels like to ride in a real car. damn i should look for probeboy...... peace

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
damn i should look for probeboy
Bro' that's ricey....We nissan folk don't look for drama for it usually finds us. Never look for a race or you may even cross a car such as my own and it won't be nothing you want to write about;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
dude i was playing. that's weird that you say that drama usually finds us. i mean i usaully don't race unless i'm taunted by some ricer or mustang in the road, but even when that happens it not that often that i openly street race. i don't know what the penalty is where you're fom but if we get caught we go straight to jail, a 250 dollar penalty and the license is revoked for about 6 months.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boost_boy said:
Never look for a race or you may even cross a car such as my own and it won't be nothing you want to write about;)
i was wondering if you've ran your car at the track yet. if so provide some 1/4 mile or 1/8th mile time. peace man:cool:

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
snkee200sx said:
and the license is provoked for about 6 months.
Wish mine got provoked when I race. But it usually will get REvoked for that crime.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
snkee200sx said:
and the license is revoked for about 6 months.
oooops!!! this should sound alot better.:D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
if so provide some 1/4 mile or 1/8th mile time.
On april 7th, 2002 the car ran a best 13.9 @ 103.8 mph on 12 pounds of boost and no limited slip (Can you say spin the tires:D )

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
boost_boy said:
(Can you say spin the tires:D )
Feel you on that one. My best time was 13.909 @ 103mph on Feb 7 of 2002. The crazy part is that firebird raceway put it up on their site that I was in the 11's that night. I wish! I have yet to duplicate that time because of my now crappy tires. It's hard to launch when your making tons of power at such low rpms. I don't know about you boost boy, but next time I go to the track, its all about slicks for me. Or at least something in the 205 series tire. 175-70R 13's are not doing the trick for me like the used to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
man i think that everyone but me hasn't ran the 1/4 mile. i've only ran the 1/8th b/c its only about 30minuets from my house. anyways here's my best time 9.2sec(in the 1/8th) with a .520 reaction time at 82mph. to get to a 1/4mile track i have to travel about 3.5 hours. me and my friends are going to that in 2 weeks, so i guess i will post my times then. peace

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
It's hard to launch when your making tons of power at such low rpms.
There's the difference between the two motors, you're making power early in the rpm band and my power doesn't start until about 3800rpm, but when it does the tires break loose from first to 3rd on 195-50/15. I agree we need slicks or at least some drag radials because that street tire crap at the track ain't gonna cut it. But you have to admit, it sure as hell sounds mean while you're trying to find some forward motion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts