Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Sentra 4cyl and a 95 Altima 4cyl are they the same engine??? The Altima brew the engine and Sentra only has 130000 where Altima has 360000 when toasted. I am thinking about swapping out Sentra motor into Altima but is it same motor???

· cheese
1,694 Posts
95nissansman said:
I have a 95 Sentra 4cyl and a 95 Altima 4cyl are they the same engine??? The Altima brew the engine and Sentra only has 130000 where Altima has 360000 when toasted. I am thinking about swapping out Sentra motor into Altima but is it same motor???

nope they are two different engines, welcome to NF

· West Coast *******
2,737 Posts
B14 Sentra/200SX (USDM) has either the GA16DE (1.6L Inline 4) or the SR20DE (2.0L Inline 4 + Boost Friendly).

While the USDM U13 Altima/Stanza has the "Truck" Motor, the KA24DE (2.4L Inline 4) I would say that you got a damned decent amount of life out of your KA24. If the body is still in good condition, see if you can't find yourself another KA or even an SR. The SR would be a interesting swap to get a write up on.

Welcome to the Forums!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.