Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question. i just changed out my coolant temp. sensor on my 95 pathfinder because i am having a little trouble getting it start right up when it's cold out. by cold, i mean 20 or below. i have read that this might help. while i did this i also cleaned my throttle body with spay cleaner because it needed it. all went well with both jobs but when i started it back up the check engine light came on..... i have the truck for over a year and the light has never come on before. i'm just curious if anyone might have any input on this matter. thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an update.

the coolant temp. sensor did in fact fix my cold start problem..... it was in the 20's last night and it started right up this morning.

the throttle body and MAF cleaning made a huge difference.... feels like new. but when i did it my check engine light came on. i think it came on because when i first started it up after the cleaning it ran really rough for about 20 seconds before it smoothed out. something about that made the light turn on, but after about an hour of driving it just turned itself back off. all's well that ends well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
sometimes the cleaner you use will make your cel come on because the stuff is detected be the 02 sensor it should go away after you run it for a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts