Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother is looking at a 95 pathfinder xe v-6 auto 155k rebuilt trans 20k ago well maintained mechanically a couple of minor rustpots. the guy want 2100$ for it. was wondering if there is anything in particular that should be checked out on it.
i owned a 93 about 5yrs ago never had a problem with it till some jerk wad ran a red light collapsed the d.s wheel assembly and bent the frame. any help would be great were gonna go look at it on sat and was wondering if there is anything i should look or watch out for.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
my brother is looking at a 95 pathfinder xe v-6 auto 155k rebuilt trans 20k ago well maintained mechanically a couple of minor rustpots. the guy want 2100$ for it. was wondering if there is anything in particular that should be checked out on it.
i owned a 93 about 5yrs ago never had a problem with it till some jerk wad ran a red light collapsed the d.s wheel assembly and bent the frame. any help would be great were gonna go look at it on sat and was wondering if there is anything i should look or watch out for.
on start up listen for clicking, as it may be the enfamous exhaust manifold leak. You'll need to replace all the studs, snapped or not, for the manifold.

Look under the rear passenger seats, you may find a rust hole.

Ask for bills stating the water pump and timing belt have been changed. If not, it'll cost you bout $500 to replace. Haven't changed mine yet.

Those are the major items I can think of.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got about 110k on mine. The water pump is leaking, and there's a lot of crap that has to be removed to replace it. Also, my rear main seal is leaking oil, and that's gonna be a pain in the ass to fix as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
95 Pathfinder

Broken Exhaust Manifold Studs could mean the vehicle will not pass a "Smog Test".
I have a '95 Pathfinder SE that has had NO service done on it for 40K (except fluids & filters).
This SUV is built strong.
With 104K, ...
.... the exhaust studs are busted
.... moon roof leaks
.... U-joints jerk the drive shaft
.... bearings complain on warm-up
.... brakes are questionable
...... and the vehicle still runs down the road OK.
-
Just don't crash and keep running this 4x4 into the ground .... then junk it.

·
3,553 Posts
Look for rust on the rear frame above and behind the wheels. VERY COMMON problem area. If you can poke a screwdriver through the frame don't buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts