Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my fiance is looking at a 95 pathfinder. It's an auto with 206K for $2200. We went and test-drove it today and everything seemed alright. The transfer case kinda grinded when I put it from 4H-4L but I saw earlier that it is a common problem if the vehicle is just put into N instead of P. The tach also was jumpy, too. Other than that I couldn't see or hear anything wrong with it. the steering was fairly tight with very little play and the engine was smooth and quiet. the body looked perfect. the owner is a lady who bought it for her daughter and her daughter wants a small car.

Anything I should look for? Good, bad deal? I'm not new to the forums but i'm new to this part. lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A full record of maintenance is always nice if it is available.

Crawl under the vehicle to look for off-road damage, rust and other problems.

Pay for a full mechanical and safety check by an independent mechanic.

A Nissan dealership that was not involved in the either the sale or the maintenance of the vehicle would be a good choice for the mechanical and safety check.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesn't look as though it has ever touched offroad...except when my fiance took it to a dirtpile near where we live on the way home...lol.

Any good sites for aftermarket goodies? What backspacing is suggested for wheels?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts