Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There appears to be a water leak around the front hinge area. The outside protector seal is aged starting to open up. I was wonder if anyone have a DIY write-up on properly remove/replace the protector seal around the sunroof glass? I am thinking using a heat gun to soften up the seal to pull it apart. I haven't check yet but thinking dealer will have a replacement seal. Appreciate your feedback on this.. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There appears to be a water leak around the front hinge area. The outside protector seal is aged starting to open up. I was wonder if anyone have a DIY write-up on properly remove/replace the protector seal around the sunroof glass? I am thinking using a heat gun to soften up the seal to pull it apart. I haven't check yet but thinking dealer will have a replacement seal. Appreciate your feedback on this.. Thanks!
Are you sure it's the seal, not the outside rubber trim that's causing the leak? You should also check the 4 drain tubes are cleared, most likely they are.

If the outer rubber trim isn't ripped or torn, you can squeeze a bit of silicone inside the rubber channel that wraps around the sunroof. Push it back in till it's all straight and let it set for a while, depending on your environmental conditions.

Getting anything from the dealership is a rip. Try a glass repair place for pricing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you're correct. The sunroof glass outer rubber lip around the passenger hinge starting to open up. No rip or torn at this point but the seal around the hinge has bubble upward showing a gap for water to enter. I went to the dealer today for a quote for a seal protector (outer rubber lip), no part in stock with a cost of $76. Eventually, am planning to replace this outer seal. Thanks for you good idea on checking in with a glass shop.

Are you sure it's the seal, not the outside rubber trim that's causing the leak? You should also check the 4 drain tubes are cleared, most likely they are.

If the outer rubber trim isn't ripped or torn, you can squeeze a bit of silicone inside the rubber channel that wraps around the sunroof. Push it back in till it's all straight and let it set for a while, depending on your environmental conditions.

Getting anything from the dealership is a rip. Try a glass repair place for pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts