Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pathfinder suddenly started stalling out on me when I take a sharp corner. It starts right back up and goes fine. What is this? Fuel filter? Should I check the ECU? Otherwise it seems to run OK, although its been idling a little unevenly.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No check engine lights, but at idle the RPMs have been going up and down sporadically like its running rough.
It just stalls out suddenly, either on a sharp corner, or sometimes when I pull up to a stop sign. Always fires right up and away we go.
Its a bitch though on a big corner when the power steering suddenly goes away and I have to arm wrestle it while I try to get it restarted.
I'm just trying to get a jump on the problem before I break down and take it to the shop.
Thanks for the tips.

DT

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hello there,
I'd check for loose wires like Dvdswanson said..That darn distributor ground connector tab for sure, mine corroded once and would start when it wanted.lol.! Also, replace the fuel filter just to be sure. And the surging idle could indicate an intake manifold leak and possibly cause your cornering catastrophe'. Stranger problems have been seen. I'd recommend letting it idle and spray carb cleaner around the manifold just to be sure. Hope this helps. HK :) Also, if none of these things help, pull the fuel pump access panel in the cargo area and inspect your fuel strainer..Maybe torn or clogged would cause your problem 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts