Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 95' Pathfinder SE to replace my other Pathy that got totaled. This one is equipt with the optional electronic suspension. Although it wasn't obvious to me when I test drove it, I now see that it sits about 2" lower the passenger side (front and back). It looks like the electronic dampeners up front have been replaced with standard ones (not plugged into the vehicle), but the rears are probably original. I am by no means a suspension expert, but I would think I may need to crank up the tension on the front torsion bar and maybe replace the springs in the rear to get it to ride level. Does anyone know if those electronic dampeners provide any lift? Do they really make that much difference to the handling...is it work replacing the front dampeners? Any input would be appreciated.

·
3,553 Posts
The adjustable shocks do not provide lift. They simply dampen shock when a wheel moves up or down quickly. I'd try the torsion bar adjustment first, that will likely fix your problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
95 Pathfinder Level Problem

88pathoffroad seems correct about the shocks Stiff-or-Soft switch.
Yep, .... probably the torsion bars need a tweak.
------
Plan B:
Don't do a damn thing.
My "Sinkin' Land Yacht" is a '95 SE with the normal busted exhaust manafold studs, leaky sunroof, mice in the air cleaner, original timing belt with 105K+. and of course bald tires.

Picked up a brand new Nissan Frontier to drive when the deathride Pathfinder wheels fall off & and sinks into the junkyard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts