Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY help is appreciated regarding my jinxed truck:
95 SE-V6 Auto - had high revs without "go". Mechanic #1 said Tranny is slipping. Mechanic #2 replaced THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR ($300). Shifts better now but three times so far it has jumped ahead on its own(!) when I am trying to stop or already stopped at a stop sign. Almost had major accidents and I would've been the a$$hole who caused it:mad: Last night while going downhill at a very slow speed it revved up again, and I slapped it into neutral so the it revved up past 8000 RPM (Max Red Line!!!) for a few seconds:fluffy:

The guy who replaced the TPS also cleaned the IAC valve later when I went back to him to report the problem. After that,the Nissan Dealer charged me $60 to hook it up for a minute and tell me that I needed an EGR housing and an Engine Temperature Sensor for $500 total. I bought the sensor($37), but don't know where it is on the engine:confused: Also bout a rubber hose that was broken connecting the lower and the upper part of EGR.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
95 Pathfinder Snags

Gees Hawkman, .... I thought I had problems with a '95 Pathfinder SE-V6.

Rule No. 1 ---- Do Not go to a Nissan Dealer except to "Lookie Lou" at new vehicles.

Rule No 2 ---- Download the 95 Pathfinder Service Manual (43 MB) with this link;
Service Manual in PDF - 1995_Pathfinder
-----------------
Your VG30E engine throttle problem could be from the failed sensors to the ECM.
Try swapping the Engine Temp Sensor, ..... and go for a test ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS A LOT Nissan_Junkie :)
Your reply is much appreciated.
I stay away from ALL dealerships the best I can!!! I am going to replace the Temp sensors today or tomorrow. One is for the gauge and one hooks up to the computer. They sit beside each other on top of the engine. I didn't need the gauge sensor, but when you go to touch the Engine Temp Sensor, this little sensor in front of it was so close and brittle that the back part of it just crumbled to pieces, and now the temp gauge in the instrument cluster is stuck way up above "High"!!!
I shall post again if changing these parts help my unexpected take-offs!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi

is there a manual for the 1994 pathfinder 4x4 with a 6cyld. i looked at the one listed above and it is missing the section that i need for my transfer case
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay... I must post an update now:
As mentioned before, I bought the Engine Temperature Sensor, but the Coolant Temperature Sensor is sitting VERY close to, and right in front of it. When I gently touched this smaller sensor, it was soooo old and brittle that it just crumbled, and my temperature gauge stopped working. I thought to myself, it shouldn't be a big deal to change them BOTH, so I ordered the Temp Sensor as well ($60). How long would it take a grown man to change two "light bulbs"? Try a whole WEEK!:mad::mad::mad:
The crumbly temp sensor, didn't wanna open and kept breaking up into little pieces inside the housing. I thought the housing is made of strong cast iron, while in reality it is SOFT ALUMINUM, so I managed to crack and damage the HOUSING! All for an un-necessary part change... Now three days before start of deer season, my 4x4 sat on NEW Dunlops, DISABLED :loser:
My older friend and neighbour, a former bus mechanic, came over and completed the removal, but he also completed the breaking of the housing and we now had a chunk of aluminum in our hands :eek::mad::eek: After lots of research and investigation, went out and bought aluminum welding putty (glue) and using a hose clamp, we glued the piece back on and put in the new sensor in, but the next day a test drive showed that we had a leaky housing and the car was not fit to drive...
Opened the sensor again, and at the end of my rope, I bought "Copper Silicone" which is rated "Sensor Safe" and put lots of it carefully placed into the hole and around the sensor and screwed it back in.
IT WORKED!!! YEAY:):):):):):)
I have driven about 2000 Km in the past two weeks. No deer, but the truck hasn't "jumped ahead" on its own and doesn't leak or overheat and the heater is working fine too. My revs are around 1400 RPM at idle which I don't like and I am going to reduce it to 1000 RPM first chance I get.
Just remember, the thermostat housing is very soft aluminum and easily damaged. And changing a Coolant Temperature Sensor, (which is the smaller one in front of Engine Temperature Sensor) is NOT as easy as it may look!!!
By the way, the larger sensor was really easy as changing a light bulb!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts