Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all..I am new to owning a 4x4 and my 95 pathy. I am pretty stoked on it except a few problems. Mainly : I can shift it from 2h to 4h and back and forth quite easily- though I dont think it has ever shifted to N or 4L. It will only shift one way each direction. I would like to spend some money lifting it and so on (mmm workin on a vehicle again) to play in the dirt- but it's not worth it to me if the 4x4 is shot. Suggestions? I like getting under the hood of a vehicle, so ideas and info would be appreciated. I am a:newbie: for sure... so no answer or info too obvious! Thanks bros!

·
Registered
75 Posts
mine always has been like a mofo when shifting to 4Llow

i always ended up shutting off the car, yanking the lever in position then restarting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet... I will give it a try! Though it is pretty weird that it wont even shift into N! Thanks for looking, and your response doode!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have to come to a stop. Put car in neutral. Put transfer case in neutral and push down on the shifter and pull back to access 4 lo. Reverse order to go back to 4 hi. Pathy will be very peppy in 4 lo, but do not drive on pavement for fear of busting something in driveline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts