Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm a little new to the car thing and would like to rebuild my 95 Nissan Altima GXE. I know it has a KA24 engine but not sure which particular engine it had. I'm not looking to have it a need for speed car but would like to take down a Subaru. So I'm trying to find out what engine I have so I know where to start. HAS THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT TYPE OF KA engines out there

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,301 Posts
You have a KA24DE with triangular intake ports. Prior to the U13 Altima, the U12 Stanza and the Nissan Axxess van came with the KA2E, which had a single camshaft, unlike the dual camshafts of your KA24DE. In the L30 Altima, the KA24DE had oval-shaped intake ports. KA24E and KA24DE engines were also used in rear wheel drive applications, like the D21 pick-up and the 240SX, but there are usually differences between rear and front drive variations of Nissan engines that don't make them cross-compatible (often it's the location of where the motor mount bolts thread into the block.
I'm not sure how much you need to build it in order to "take down a Subaru?" Depending on the Subaru, it might do that stock. The KA engines were known as "work horse" engines and not big on performance, although some have made some decent power using a turbo. Try the site: www.ka-t.org

1 - 2 of 2 Posts