Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 95 nissan hard body, 4wd king cab. And it seems my e brake sticks when i take it off and start driving. I hear a loud pop sound (sounds like coming from passenger side) but once it pops real quick everything is fine. Nothing leaking and e brake handle feels normal and operates normally. (Its btwn my seats). Any help would be nice, this is very aggravating. Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Got a 95 nissan hard body, 4wd king cab. And it seems my e brake sticks when i take it off and start driving. I hear a loud pop sound (sounds like coming from passenger side) but once it pops real quick everything is fine. Nothing leaking and e brake handle feels normal and operates normally. (Its btwn my seats). Any help would be nice, this is very aggravating. Thanks
UK,

Probly Moisture. I don't recall the '93 that I had doing this, but it doe's happen on the '13 Frontier that I have after Washing Truck and letting the Truck sit in the garage for a few day's. Sometime's mine stick so bad that I have to rock in Reverse and Forward a couple time's to break it loose.

You also may have a Weak or Broken return Spring and/or some rust build up. So it really needs to be opened up and inspected and or Cleaned/Repaired to make sure everything is functioning as intended.

Be sure not to drive if the Brake is Dragging,, as that can cause heat buildup and another Repair.

Good Luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts