Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i want to swap out my motor....but i dont kno which motor i can put in with out spending mucho mucho dinero..........i have a 95 maxima and i was thinkin about the 2000 se 3.0l or the 3.5se with the 6speed tranny.....i was thinkin more like the 3.5 6speed swap........would it be real hard....i member there was a guy in one of these forums that did it....i forgot his name though.......some one help me out please.....respond ASAP

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just swap the intake manifold off of the 2k motor and call it a day. If you're looking for big power with forced inducton, the 3.5L is not any better for your purposes than the 3.0.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the difference

so then your sayin to swap the intake manifold from the 2000max to my 95.......or what i dont really understand......and 1 more thing.....what is the main difference between the 2000 maxima 3.0L and the 3.5L....well i kno the size is but wut else.......educate me please!.... :hal:

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
if power is what your looking for, dont waste money to swap in a different engine. just rebuild or swap the same engine. then turbo charge it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so evan if i have 160k on the dash in my max i should still rebuild or just swap the same engine.....id rather rebuild but what company should i go to.......cause hardly no one make internals for the max.....i kno jimwolff makes cams but thats about it.........

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
datboimell said:
so evan if i have 160k on the dash in my max i should still rebuild or just swap the same engine.....id rather rebuild but what company should i go to.......cause hardly no one make internals for the max.....i kno jimwolff makes cams but thats about it.........
do whatever one is cheaper. i believe u wont have to upgrade the internals unless you want crazy hp. theres a guy/website that has your generation max boosted and was putting out really impressive numbers on stock internals. do some searching man.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don tkno which one is cheaper thats why i need help....but i figure it would be cheaper to rebuild or swap the same motor for a lower mielege one and build that.....but i want to make like 450hp - 500hp range.......ima do some seaching though........and 1 more question.........ive heard something about some guy puttin individual throttle bodies on his maxima is that possible........what are ITB'S anyway.......do they evan have them for maximas.........what would they do for a maxima.........answer that for me anyone......and i still need help on were to look for a company that makes custon internals......would jimwolff be able to do it or should i go to arias....... :cheers:

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Contact Tilley from Maxima.org. He's in PA and close enough to you that he can do the 3.5 swap for you. (TILLEYS99)

That's what I would do anyway. *shrug*

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
listen grab a few books search the net and search this forum. you need to learn some basic/general engine/car knowledge. people can stear you in the right direction but they cant give u all the answers your lookin for. good luck.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Exactly what Stratton said...

most of your questions are pretty vague, and can be answered with a few minutes of searching and just plain common sense.

The VQ30 is a solid engine. you can hit 400+hp with no problems on a stock bottom end, and you can get 60k miles engines in junkyards for $300.
With just that fact alone, why bother spending thousands on machinework and parts to rebuild one, when you can just grab one from a junkyard and have the power you want and reliability you need?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info fellas, it is much appreciated......ima about to go do some seaching right now.................oh and one more question........well its a problem.....tranny problems..........when i switch into 4th gear it makes a load noise and not only does it make a noise it also pops right out of 4th when i hit the gas.........what could that be :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tranny problems

tranny problems..........when i switch into 4th gear it makes a load noise and not only does it make a noise it also pops right out of 4th when i hit the gas.........what could that be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts